It seems like everywhere you turn there’s another buy one get one deal. Restaurants, grocery stores, and clothing stores offer these deals to grow your business. Can you really save money by taking advantage of these offers?
1. The answer is yes and no
If you’re the kind of person who can control your impulses and buy only what you need, then yes, a buy one get one deal can save you money. However, if you’re prone to impulse buying or buying items you don’t really need just because they’re on sale, these deals could end up costing you more money in the long run.
2. Bogo offers can be a great way to save money, but only if you use them correctly
Many people get a BOGO deal because it’s affordable. If that’s you, you might end up spending money on things you never use. There’s nothing worse than a pantry full of food and household items you’ll never use.
Check your pantry now and see how many items have more than a year’s shelf life. Look at the clothes in your closet that still have tags from last year. This will give you some insight into how you have spent money in the past on food, clothing or other household items that you have not used.
If it’s a habit that’s hard to break, make a grocery list. Get buy-one-get-one offers only when available on these items.
3. A few tips to get the most out of Bogo’s offers:
- Buy only the things you need or will use.
- Compare prices before you buy anything. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy two items separately than as part of a BOGO deal.
- Don’t fall for marketing gimmicks. Just because something is on sale doesn’t mean you have to buy it.
By following these simple tips, you can make sure you’re getting the most out of your BOGO deals!
The next time you see a deal, think twice before you buy. It could cost you more than you think!
Don’t you love buy one get one deals? If so, tell us about it in the comments below.