JACKSON, Mich. (WLNS) – A building under construction for a new business in Blackmon Township caught fire Thursday.

According to the Blackman-Leoni Department of Public Safety, the fire broke out around 1:44 p.m. in the 1600 block of West Hanson Street.

At the time of the fire, three people were working on the building. The three were unaware of what was happening until someone shouted from outside the building to warn them.

No one was injured during the fire.

The roof of the building collapsed while firefighters were there, forcing crews to use aerial jets of water to extinguish the remainder of the fire.

While the incident is still under investigation, officials suspect the fire started in the northeast corner behind the building where the furnace was located.

The building was slated to house Leaf and Barrel, which was slated to open in the summer.

Source link