A resident of Motor City Mobile Home Park was injured Saturday morning when his trailer caught fire.

Fire Commissioner Warren Skip McAdams said firefighters responded to a report of a microwave fire on Lawrence Avenue 23765 at about 11 a.m. Saturday. The man, who lived in a mobile home, received back burns and was taken to a local hospital, where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

The fire was quickly put out, other houses were not affected.

“If you have a trailer fire, it will suffer significant damage,” McAdams said. “So maybe the trailer will be completely lost.”

Motor City Mobile Home Park is located on Lawrence Avenue south of Stevens Road and west of Van Dyke Avenue.

Source link